ESL Power Systems, Inc. is a fast growing innovative leader in the design and manufacturing of safety-interlock solutions. Known for its superior products, customer service and teamwork, ESL offers generous benefits including:
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- 401(K) Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Years-of-Service Award Program
Current Positions Available
Sr. Electrical Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for technical solutions including the initial design and also improvements of a broad range of electrical/mechanical equipment for electrical power distribution systems, switchgear, power connectors, control panels and power electronics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Sales with developing technical responses to RFQ’s for custom equipment, complying with UL and customer requirements, and then reviewing custom orders and creating technical submittals and fabrication details to enable product to be built in-house.
- Ensure proper materials and sizing, completeness of material quantities, compliance with customer’s specifications are all incorporated into the design relative to regulatory and industry codes (UL, NEC, Mil-spec).
- Utilize proven CAD skills and engineering tools for the production of sheet metal structure design deliverables (SolidWorks) including electrical components, and also electrical wiring diagrams (AutoCad).
- Design new products, equipment or systems taking into account cost, availability of material, manufacturing capability, safety, durability and maintenance requirements.
- Troubleshoot existing designs and generate creative design improvements to improve safety and durability while controlling costs.
- Multitask and prioritize a changing workload in a very fast-paced environment.
- Manage outside UL certification files and ensure files are up to date and support future sales and the company’s strategic direction. Interface with inspectors from testing groups such as UL and ETL.
- Provide technical customer service to assist sales and new business opportunities.
- Effectively communicate project status and information needs with the project team, engineering, and other departments.
- Assist in training, monitoring and providing feedback to designers/drafters and other members involved with design projects.
- Coordinate with team members when activities overlap.
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline-driven
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent math skills
- Computer proficient in MS Office, SolidWorks, and AutoCAD
- Expertise in developing/comprehending electrical and mechanical drawings
- Familiarity with NEC requirements and UL Listings for:
- Power Distribution Equipment
- Industrial Control Panels
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP systems for BOM’s, travelers, inventory, etc.
- Ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
We have an exciting work environment which includes manufacturing, product development, engineering, marketing, finance and sales. Multi-tasking is a must in this hands-on environment.
ESL is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and we value the strength that diversity brings to the work place. If you’re interested in applying for any of the positions listed please e-mail email@example.com with your cover letter and resume.