ESL’s Wayside Power Cabinets provide temporary plug-in power to passenger trains when the locomotive engines have been shut down and/or disconnected. Eliminating idling of a locomotive’s diesel engine while the train is parked reduces the number of toxins released into the environment.
ESL’s in-house engineering team integrates design capabilities to manufacture wayside power stations with HEP (Head End Power) connectors built to APTA and Amtrak D77-24 and AM800 specifications.
Wayside Outlet Box Features Can Include:
- Overcurrent and Short Circuit Protection (Breaker or Fuse)
- Power Monitor System with Digital Display
- Control Logic which includes Keyed Start, E-stop, Phase Loss, UV Relay and Loop Permissive Circuit
- LED Indicatior Lights and Pushbutton Controls
- Pendant Light to Indicate Power to Trainline
- Cabinet Heater
- Cord Rack for Cable Storage
- Additional Features as Requested by Specifications